Sunday, April 12, 2009

HI I missed the twenty fifth anniversary get together of my new friends as i was sick due to flu from last?

few days. when they confirmed the invitation with me over the phone I told them that I am sick since the get together was couple of days later, I was hopeful to join them on their special occasion.





I missed the get together due to my flu what do I do now send them sorry email ? do I still send them gift after I missed the party?


As they are my new friends and I am pretty young to them they told me that they want no presents from any one. so I decide to take flowers with me for the occasion but since I could not make it.





I don%26#039;t know what nice words to write to them and I am thinking instead of a gift I want to take them out for lunch or invite them over for dinner after I recover form flu.





Please suggest the polite way to inform them that I couldn’t make it due to my sickness but mean well and would like to become their friends.





Thanks

HI I missed the twenty fifth anniversary get together of my new friends as i was sick due to flu from last?
Get the a card or flowers or wine and drop over one night and let them know how guilty you feel on missing this special occassion. You will probably find that you are more upset about this than they are.
Reply:It seems you have done the right thing, by advising them BEFORE the party that you could not attend due to illness.





You may now like to invite your friends to join you for dinner at your home or a restuarant, and during the meal say to them %26quot;This meal is my treat to celebrate your 25th anniversary, I hope the next 25 as just as wonderful%26quot;. Then let the matter drop.





As they specifically stated they did NOT want gifts, do not get them anything. Preparing a nice meal for them, or taking them to dinner in a pleasant restaurant (it does not have to be an expensive one), will be more than enough.





Best wishes :-)



Soles

No comments:

Post a Comment